It’s not secret that installing a Haines City parking lot paving takes a lot of work. Every step of the installation process should be carried out with great care. From pre-installation, the actual installation, and post-installation care, all of the steps work together to bring the high-quality parking lot that you and your customers appreciate.
In this article, we’re going to talk about the pre-installation steps that have to be taken before your pavement is installed. It might be surprising to learn that there is a procedure to follow before your parking lot is installed, but as we’ve said, the entire process takes a lot of care and preparation to guarantee that the installation goes well.
If something goes wrong with the installation, your parking lot might deteriorate prematurely, or there may be serious foundation issues with your paving. To make sure that this doesn’t happen, here are some steps to take when preparing for your parking lot installation.
- Your lot must be kept clean and cleared of any vehicles. All debris must be swept away, and all weeds must be removed from the lot.
- In addition to removing all signs of growth from the lot, it is highly recommended to apply a herbicide or something to prevent any additional weed growth before the asphalt is applied. This is because plants can penetrate through the paving, and cause cracking.
- Make sure that you clearly indicate the area where the parking lot is supposed to be installed.
- There should be a source of water nearby for the crew to use in order to fill the rollers, and other pavement installation equipment.
- The weather is also seriously taken into consideration. If it’s too cold, or if it’s raining, the installation will not go through. Haines City parking lot paving companies will typically wait for warmer weather before they can begin installation. If pavement is installed in cold or wet weather, it may affect how the pavement cures, and may cause costly issues in the future.
If you already have an existing paving that you’re looking to have replaced, the paving company will take some additional steps to prepare your pavement for installation. Your pavement will first be broken down and demolished, to make way for the new pavement.
Depending on how damaged your previous paving was, they may maintain the subgrade layer, or include it in the demolition. That asphalt is then taken out of the area and may be recycled, depending on the paving company.
Once the old asphalt is out of the way, the area is then cleaned as needed, and any debris is take out of the way. Once the area for your Haines City parking lot paving has been properly prepared, installation can now begin.